Bank of America customers can now use SecurityKey's for Extra Security for Sign-on and Bank Transfers.
Bank of America announced last month that starting June 23rd, 2021, it will support FIDO2 certified USB security keys, including FEITIAN Security Keys, to increase the security of its users and help protect customers against fraud and identity theft.
Bank of America will support registering your USB security key to your account, online banking authentication and an extra layer of security for adding transfer recipients to your account and completing money transfers.
The support for FEITIAN FIDO2 certified security keys for sign-in authentication and completing money transfers is a major security milestone for financial institutions. Read more.
Benefits of using a security key for online banking
- Extra layer of security for account sign-in and online banking
- Using a security key Increase limits for certain transfer types
- Extra security for higher value money transfers
- Use Secured Transfer internationally if you don’t have a U.S. based mobile number. USB security keys are an optional alternative to SMS-based one-time security codes if you do not have access to a U.S. mobile phone number or can’t receive texts to your phone.
- USB security keys are a more secure alternative to SMS-based one-time security codes. If you don’t have a domestic mobile phone number or can’t receive security codes via text, you can use FEITIAN USB security keys that plugs into your computer.
Security Key FAQS
What is a USB security key?
A USB security key plugs into your computer’s USB port and functions as an extra layer of security that’s used in Online Banking to increase limits for certain transfer types.
Why do I need a USB security key?
USB security keys are an optional alternative to SMS-based one-time security codes if you do not have access to a U.S. mobile phone number or can’t receive texts to your phone.
Where can I get a USB security key?
USB security keys can be purchased from our online store: www.it-safe.shop
How do I register my USB security key?
You will be able to register your USB security key beginning June 21.
How do I use my USB security key when making a transfer?
When prompted for your USB security key, all you need to do is tap the button on the key already inserted into your USB port, allow the browser to read your device and continue with your transfer.