From Passwords to Passwordless
FROM PASSWORDS TO PASSWORDLESS AUTHENTICATION
Ciptor ITSAFE is a cybersecurity company specialized to help organizations to protect themselves against cyber-criminals and cyber-attacks such as Ransomware and Phishing attacks, by liberating on IAM, Passwordless Authentication and Digital Fingerprinting. Cyber threats are a growing risk for everyone, and it needs to be taken seriously from the board level in any company to proactively managing the risk against cyber-attacks seeking to compromise or steal digital information from your company
Cybersecurity is the application of technologies, processes, and controls to defend infrastructure such as systems, networks, programs, devices, and data. It aims to reduce the likelihood and impact of cyber-attacks that could lead to unauthorized. access to sensitive client information and the disruption of business activities due to interference in critical infrastructure and corporate networks.
Digital fingerprinting is a technique used in cybersecurity to create a unique identifier for each device based on its software, hardware, and network configurations. This identifier can be used to detect unauthorized access attempts and block them before they cause harm. Digital fingerprinting is particularly useful in combination with IAM and Passwordless Authentication systems, were biometrics or hardware security keys are used instead of passwords.
By creating a unique digital fingerprint for each device, unauthorized access attempts can be easily identified and blocked, reducing the risk of cyber-attacks. Digital fingerprinting can also be used in threat monitoring, where changes in a device’s fingerprint can be a sign of a potential security breach. Overall, digital fingerprinting is an effective cybersecurity measure that can improve the protection of sensitive information and reduce the risk of cyber-attacks.
FROM PASSWORDS TO PASSWORDLESS AUTHENTICATION
Password authentication is a widely used technique for verifying a user’s identity in cybersecurity. It involves the user providing a password to gain access to a device, system, or network. Passwords are vulnerable to hacking and phishing attacks, which can compromise sensitive information and disrupt business activities. To address these vulnerabilities, password authentication systems have evolved to include stronger password policies, such as minimum password length, complexity requirements, and periodic password changes.
However, even with these stronger password policies, passwords remain vulnerable to attacks. Passwordless authentication is an alternative approach that removes the need for passwords altogether. Instead, biometrics or hardware security keys are used to verify a user’s identity. These methods are considered more secure than passwords because they cannot be easily stolen or guessed.
Passwordless authentication is becoming increasingly popular, and many organizations are adopting this approach to improve their cybersecurity. By removing the need for passwords, the risk of cyber-attacks is significantly reduced, and the protection of sensitive information is improved.
Overall, password authentication and Passwordless authentication are important techniques in cybersecurity. While password authentication remains prevalent, the adoption of Passwordless authentication is increasing due to its improved security and protection against cyber threats.
Basic questions to reflect and then act upon regarding your Cybersecurity Situation:
1. Do you have a comprehensive plan in place to address potential cybersecurity risks facing your organization?
2. What kind of authentication and login methods are you currently using, and what level of protection do they offer?
3. How do you ensure the proper inventory and management of devices used by your employees and stakeholders?
4. Are your digital records and data classified according to PII, proprietary, sensitive, or transactional information, and how are they protected?
5. How often do you assess your network, infrastructure, and user architecture to identify vulnerabilities and ensure proper security measures are in place?
6. What policies do you have in place to restrict access to web/mobile applications, and do you follow a least privilege access policy?
7. How do you enforce password policies, and who has access to password information?
8. How do you ensure the proper storage and use of sensitive data, and what policies do you have in place to protect against data breaches?
9. What security measures do you have in place for computing devices used remotely, and how are they managed?
10. Have you established and tested business continuity and disaster plans, as well as cybersecurity breach incident response plans?
11. How do you ensure the proper disposal of sensitive information, both digital and non-digital?
12. Who are your third-party partners and vendors, and do you have agreements
in place with each independent contractor?
13. What measures have you implemented to improve cybersecurity awareness
among employees and stakeholders, and how do you monitor digital threats both internally and externally?
14. Which devices and assets are most attractive to potential cyber-attacks, and
what measures have you taken to protect them? 15. What is the likelihood and potential cost of a cybersecurity breach, and how do you prepare for and address such incidents?
15. What is the likelihood and potential cost of a cybersecurity breach, and how
do you prepare for and address such incidents?
THE PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN NVIDIA AND CIPTOR IT-SAFE
NVIDIA, a leading technology company known for its innovations in AI and GPU technologies, has partnered with Ciptor IT-Safe to offer enhanced security solutions to businesses and organizations. Ciptor IT-Safe is a Swedish/Swiss company that specializes in data security solutions for businesses and organizations.
The partnership between Nvidia and Ciptor IT-Safe aims to provide businesses with a comprehensive security solution that includes the latest AI and machine learning technologies. NVIDIA’s Morpheus technology, which uses digital fingerprinting, behavioral analysis, and signature-based detection to identify and respond to cyber threats, is a key component of the partnership.
Ciptor IT-Safe’s expertise in data security and its range of security solutions, including secure file transfer and encryption, complement NVIDIA’s Morpheus technology. The partnership will enable businesses to benefit from a complete security solution that addresses the most common threats to their data and networks.